Monday, April 19, 2010

To my dearest sister,

Ten years ago when I was in your position,fretful and uncertain of my future, many people shared their opinions and views, in case you have not noticed,i use the term “sharing”, for me, their view is still theirs and I shall have my own opinion. It is my future, my journey of life that we are talking about, and I am the one that will be responsible for it at the end of the day. I hope you understand the point that I am trying to make you understand, the reason I keep insisting that you decide on your own, others can only give you their opinion, but no one knows better than you, what is the best for yourself, we have to be objective but sometimes you just have to follow what your heart says.
Ok, I hate to intefere in your decision making, but since you think my view is so important to you, guess I will have to say something...pls bear in mind that I really have minimal idea in the field that you are going to enter. After being “enlighten” by uncle yin koon, probably,matrix is a better choice in view of a more secured future, as a stepping stone to get the course that you want in uni, with your capability, I don't think there will be any difficulties in securing a place in local U especially when the course that you are planning to apply is not that competitive in the local setting. You may find matrix not so challenging, but just remember, you are going to spend 1 yr in order to get into local U,it's the easiest way to achieve your final aim, besides, you should make use of this time to start preparing for QS. Regarding working overseas, it is of the least concern, if you are really capable and have the experience and knowledge that others need, no one will bother which university you graduated from.
Well, it's my view and the final decision is still yours. I know it's hard, and I already warned you before that this is gonna be the most important decision in your life, standing at the cross road, you are given a choice, which ever path that you chose, there is no U-turn, you should think properly and once a decision made, do not be easily influenced by others,it's your life, and only you can decide.you have to be independent now, my dear, you are no longer a little girl that can hide under the family's protection forever. Use your knowledge, and your faith and whatever good qualities that had been implanted in you all these years, be confident and be adventurous. Nothing ventured nothing gained, here you are, at this stage of life that you have to decide for yourself and be ready to face all consequences and challenges that follows. we have faith in you, just listen to what your heart says and be strong to your stand and true to yourself. Good luck to you my dear, wherever you go and whatever you do,you know your family will always be there to support you.It all goes back to the only question awaiting answer : what do you want to achieve in life?think hard my dear, think hard...


From,
your sis

No comments: